PROMISEworks will protect your personal information and will not share it with other people unless you give your consent.
PROMISEworks is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and aims to be clear and open about how your data is used. We will not share your personal information with other people unless you give your consent.
This policy explains what data – personal and anonymous – we collect from you and how we use it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (together called the “data protection legislation”) the data controller is:
7 Castle Street, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3DT
Under the data protection legislation, individuals have the following rights:
The right to access – to request copies of your personal data (we may charge you a small fee for this);
The right to rectification – to request us to correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete;
The right to erasure – to request us to erase your personal data, under certain conditions;
The right to restrict processing – to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions;
The right to object to processing – to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions;
The right to data portability – to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions;
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – we cannot use data for this unless you consent explicitly or in certain other limited cases.
Information we may collect from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site PROMISEworks.org.uk. including information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, subscribing to our newsletters, surveys, or requesting further services.
- Material that you post or contribute to our site (e.g. in comments).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or other communication.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site [and of the fulfilment of your orders].
- Details of your visits to our site, including which pages you visit and what you do.
Purposes for which we may use your information:
- Sending you newsletters and providing any other services you have requested;
- Communicating with you on any matters that we consider may be of interest to you;
- To facilitate any payments by you to us;
- Communications with you regarding fundraising;
- Analysis of your use of our website in order to maintain and enhance its function.
Your data may also be available to our website provider.
This is to enable us and them to deliver their service to us, carry out analysis and research on demographics, interests and behaviour of our users and supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them to enable us to improve our services. This may include connecting data we receive from you on the website to data available from other sources. Your personally identifiable data will only be used where it is necessary for the analysis required, and where your interests for privacy are not deemed to outweigh their legitimate interests in developing new services for us. In the case of this activity the following will apply:
- Your data will be made available to our website provider
- Our website provider will not transfer your data to any other third party or transfer your data outside of the EEA.
- They will store your data for a maximum of 7 years.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We do not store sensitive financial information (such as credit card data) on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Disclosure of your information
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.